Mobile phones have become a multifaceted device and different dimensions are added to it offering Value Added Services. One such VAS, facilitating call management is Missed call alert. The missed call alert is a lead generation value added service that allows mobile operators to equip the customers with an easy to use call log and notification system, for the calls missed while the called party was unreachable or his mobile device was switched-off. This, in turn increases their day-to-day call efficiency.
The missed call alert VAS service uses SMS to inform the receiver about the calls missed whilst they were not reachable, as well as to inform the calling party of the availability of the called party when they are reachable. The text message sent to the calling party can also be modified by end users. The number of subscribers to which the missed call notification is sent to, can also be controlled.
The Missed Call Alert service is available with all GSM, CDMA, and UTMS service providers, offering a comprehensive set of features, such as:
- Scalable, full-featured missed call logging
- Notification of missed calls to the called party via SMS
- Notification of the called party becoming reachable to calling party via SMS, with user-defined text.
- Automatic missed call log forwarding to other mobile.
- Management of service settings through integrated SMS interface for end-users.
- Internal announcement playback support using internal or external speech devices by call drop-back to interconnected mobile switch.
- Often built in SMSC
Importance of MCA for operators
Often, mobile subscribers are unable to receive calls. The reason may be attributed to lack of network availability and personal or business engagement among others.
For operators, the Missed Call Alert service offers several benefits, such as:
- Increased call completion rate and enhanced revenue, by using the platform for push advertising.
- Missed call alerts increase the average revenue per user thereby increasing the overall message revenue.
- It reduces customer churn by enhancing user experience.
- For business users, MCA improves productivity.
The concept of missed calls has redefined the usage of telephones over the past decade. The missed call alert service has been found as a tremendously helpful tool to users as well as operators. Within a scenario where online calls or more precisely the free internet calls have helped the escalation of a large number of consumers, missed call alert service is one of the major contributors in the sustainability operator services for making calls through mobile phones.