While the exponential growth of smartphones entails several business opportunities for content providers, it also brings in a host of challenges. Primary amongst these is the fact that mobile devices operate on different platforms, such as Android, iOS, Windows mobile, BlackBerry, etc. Content providers have to contend with issues such as how many platforms can be supported. In this context, a mobile content delivery platform comes in handy as it eliminates the complexity of supporting multiple devices, screen sizes and operating systems.
A few key strategies for creating a cost-effective platform include:
- Effectively utilizing existing ECM content: By making use of existing ECM content, ROI is positively impacted
- Ensuring that publishing across different platforms is done in-sync : This goes a long way in ensuring that content across platforms such as the internet, mobile applications, etc is in tandem.
- Rendering of content as per specifications of the device- With different devices having different specifications such as screen sizes, processing capacities, etc, it is important that content is displayed as per individual capacities.
- Ensuring that there is rich delivery of content: This can be achieved by seamless integration with mobile software development kits.
- Facilitation of the publishing process- Using a unified system results in a highly efficient mechanism of publishing content through a single click structure.
Use cases for a mobile content delivery platform
A few use cases include:
- Easily deployed and scalable
- Updation in real-time
- Easily integrated
- Platform agnostic
- Effectively priced
Clearly the use of a content delivery platform goes a long way in allowing companies to improve content accessibility. Moreover, while it helps improve costs on one hand, it also offers increased revenue streams. To recapitulate, the key advantages of using a mobile content delivery platform are:
- Delivering rich, interactive, multimedia experiences
- Agile content that adjusts to specifications of different platforms
- Ease of migration in case of legacy content
- Creating new revenue streams
- Improved ROI