For telecom users, interacting with customer care through service representatives can be inefficient and expensive. With consumer behavior undergoing significant changes and significant growth of social media channels, customers can gain full control over their subscribed services. The most convenient ways to address all these requirements are presented by easy-to-use mobile self-care solutions.
Customer satisfaction is the bottom-line for any operator. Customer experience represents the new growth currency for mobile operators. Mobile self-care is the most appropriate way for any mobile service provider to meet the customer’s expectations. Mobile self-care apps deliver a full gamut of customer care services.
Mobile self-care app opportunities
The benefits of using a mobile self-care application include:
- Faster lead to cash: An interactive self-care suite can enable a telecommunication service provider to deliver tailored offers to customers. These offers will be automatically presented to customers as they log in to the mobile self-care application, and customer uptake will improve the revenue recognition for them.
- Proactive, outbound care: Approximately 80 per cent of all voice calls to customer care centers are connected to simple or non-revenue generating queries, such as balance enquiries and charging issues; or obtaining a personal unlocking key (PUK). Service providers can significantly reduce this cost to serve, if they can divert the customer calls of this very nature away from its customer care call centers, give them simple and secure options like self-care app to act upon.
- Immediate resolution: When something goes wrong, the mobile users want immediate help, as they are in the process of carrying out some action and are then suddenly prevented from carrying it out. In such a scenario, the customer needs to be able to resolve the issue within that session. Immediate access and satisfactory can really help generates customer advocacy.
- Customer feedback: This has two benefits for the service provider- the customer can raise their own request. As customers often experience the network and service issues before the MNO’s own fault-reporting systems identify a problem, this is a very valuable source of information. Moreover, there are gains in the context of customer satisfaction survey. The service providers can also use it to collect real-time customer feedback.
- Drive personalized, outbound customer engagements: The mobile self-service app will become the customer’s window into the telecommunication sector. It can be used to drive further customer engagement, provided it is a personalized and secure interaction.
A lot more than just an application, the mobile self-care solution is a true fixation to all mobile consumer needs. If well-integrated, they may prove to be a boon not only for the users but also for service providers.